All workshops will be held virtually, and a schedule will be posted here shortly.
To register for 2 half-day workshops, you will need to complete the quick registration form twice. Workshops are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Due to limited space, payments must be made at the time of registration. If the payment is not received, your registration will be canceled.
Once a workshop is full, a waitlist will be started. If a spot becomes available, we will email you a notice. At this time, workshop participation is only open to congress attendees.
- Registration Transfer: You can transfer workshop registration to another person at no charge.
- Cancellation by Registrant: You can cancel your workshop registration at any time before October 30. Your registration payment will be refunded to the original form of payment minus a 5% processing fee.
Convergence Workshop on Simultaneous Wildfires
In this interactive workshop, we invite participants involved in wildfire forecasting and fire and fuels management to discuss how to prepare for future wildfire seasons under climate change. We will present findings from a NSF-funded Convergence Project on increasing wildfire simultaneity and proactive solutions and tools for wildland fire management.
- Workshop Organizer: Susan Prichard, Research Scientist, University of Washington School of Environmental and Forest Sciences
- Time: Monday, November 29 12pm to 3pm Eastern Standard Time
- Cost: $10
Exploring tree-ring fire history across North America
New online and open source tools deliver tree-ring fire history data and analysis options. We will learn about these tools and use them to explore historical fire activity at landscape and larger scales. Bring your own data or easily access the public archive of tree-ring fire history across North America.
- Workshop Organizer: Chris Guiterman, Assistant Research Professor, Laboratory of Tree-Ring Research, University of Arizona
- Time: Monday, November 29 1pm to 4pm Eastern Standard Time
- Cost: $10