As of July 15, we still have a few openings for 1/2 or full day workshops. If you’d like to submit a proposal, please use the button to the right and we will review within 1 week of submission.
Workshops, trainings, and courses will be held Tuesday, November 30, 2021. These professional development opportunities provide conference attendees with a forum for learning new information, skills, and best practices. While not required, we encourage proposals related to the Fire Congress theme and list of topics.
Room set-up and audio-visual requests can be discussed with organizers to meet specific needs. Organizers will also have the choice whether to conduct the workshop virtually, with a mix of in-person and virtual attendees, or all in-person. For workshops with a mix of in-person and virtual attendees, please plan to have a co-organizer so you can properly assist both audiences.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the clarity of the description and draft agenda, the relevance of the topic and its appeal to attendees, and available rooms and time in the congress schedule. We will contact proposers of workshops/courses with similar topics or themes to determine if those proposals can be merged.
Please have the following information ready for the online submission form:
- Organizer contact information
- Presenter/Instructor names and affiliations
- Title of the training workshop, training, or course
- Short summary for the conference program booklet and mobile app (50 words or less)
- Description of workshop, training, or course
- Minimum and maximum number of participants
- Audio-visual and room requests
- Requirements for participants (extra fees, software, materials, pre-requisites, etc.)
- Preferred method of participation for organizers and preference for attendees (virtual and in-person)
Organizers must register for the conference and will be responsible for informing their co-instructors of the proposal’s acceptance or rejection.Y