Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
9300 Emerald Coast Pkwy W
Miramar Beach, FL 32550
GPS Coordinates: 30.378230, -86.330954
The 9th International Fire Ecology and Management Congress will be held in Miramar Beach, Florida at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. The Fire Congress will be held in the meeting rooms at the Baytowne Conference Center.
Sandestin is located in the Florida panhandle between Pensacola and Panama City, about 10 miles from Destin. While at the congress, you can enjoy the Gulf of Mexico beaches and explore the Choctawhatchee Bay, along with many onsite recreational activities.
The southeastern United States is a “hot spot” for wildland fire management and science, with multiple agencies and organizations working collaboratively to increase the use of prescribed fire and to study fire effects and fire-adapted ecosystems. The congress location provides ample opportunities for field trips to natural areas and the ability to interact and learn from the partners and colleagues working in these landscapes.
We have a group rate for the Village Studio and Grand Complex Studio hotel rooms, which are located adjacent to the Baytowne Conference Center and the Village Shops and Restaurants. The hotel rooms include a kitchenette, wifi, and a king or two full or queen beds.
- Reduced rates for Village Studio and Grand Complex Studio hotel rooms will be $102 per night plus tax (11% for accommodations and 9% for all other services).
- The resort fee has been waived for congress attendees; this fee includes resort transportation, bicycles, recreational activities, fitness center, and wifi.
- The group rate will be available for 3 days before and after the event, from November 26 to December 8.
- Rooms must be reserved before October 30, 2021.
To reserve your room, use group code 2458TP
- Call Group Reservations at 1-800-320-8115 (preferred method)
- Visit the Sandestin website and enter group code
- A complimentary tram service is available to provide transportation to guests throughout the resort property. See the resort map for view of property and tram routes.
- The waived resort fee also includes two bicycles for up to 4 hours per unit per day.
- Uber and Lyft are not easy to access in this area (long wait times, limited availability), so please do not plan to use these modes of transportation.
- For booking rides to/from the airport, we recommend Sand Dollar Transportation. You can book online under the Reservations tab or call 850-687-9650. Let them know you are with the “Fire Congress” in the notes section or when booking by phone. Riders will be grouped together into a passenger van or coach bus to create the lowest fare possible.
- Destin – Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS): 35 minutes, 23.6 miles (38 km)
- Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport (ECP): 49 minutes, 41 miles (66 km)
- Pensacola International Airport (PNS): 95 minutes, 62 miles (99 km)
Driving Time from Cities in Southeast
- Atlanta, GA: 6.5-hour drive
- Birmingham, AL: 5-hour drive
- Jackson, MS: 6-hour drive
- Memphis, TN: 8-hour drive
- New Orleans, LA: 4-hour drive
- Tallahassee, FL: 2.5-hour drive