Registration and Payment Questions
You can pay online with a credit or debit card. You may also pay by check or purchase order. Checks can be made out to Association for Fire Ecology and mailed to us at: PO Box 50412, Eugene, OR 97405.
Select the option to be invoiced at the end of the registration form. The invoice will be emailed to you and can be paid at your convenience. For early bird and regular registration rates, you must pay within the time frame for that rate, or your fee will automatically change to the increased rate. If you are an AFE member, you can access your invoice at any time by logging in to your AFE account.
If your employer needs to set us up as a vendor, have them email email@example.com we can complete the required paperwork.
Please have the attendee register and select the option at the end of registration to be invoiced. You will receive the invoice by email, which can be forwarded to the person making the payment.
To pay for multiple registrants, select the “Invoice Me” option at the end of registration and email the list of attendee names to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then send you one invoice to make a combined payment.
- Registration Transfer: You can transfer registration to another person with no charge, as long as this person meets the criteria for your registration type (e.g., student, retiree, international attendee).
- Changing Registration Types: You can change registration types before November 30. If the new registration type is more than your original payment, we will send you an invoice. If the new registration type is less than your payment, we will refund you the difference, minus a 5% processing fee of the refunded amount.
- Cancellation by Registrant: You can cancel your registration before November 30. Your registration payment will be refunded to the original form of payment minus a 5% processing fee. For example, if you paid $525 for registration, you will be refunded $498.75.
- Cancellation by AFE: If the pandemic requires AFE to change the event to a full virtual program, we will give you the option to switch to a virtual registration and be refunded the difference, or to cancel your registration. No processing fees will be applied.
- If you have your registration confirmation email, click the link included in that email and then click Cancel Registration.
- If you do not have the email confirmation, log-in to your AFE account and click My Event Registrations. Next, click underneath the heading for Registration Type (or anywhere in the row except the event title). This will take you to your registration details, where you will see the option to Cancel Registration.
- After you complete step 1 or 2, AFE will manually issue the refund, minus the 5% processing fee. An email confirmation will be sent once the refund is processed.
As of August 27, 2021, the Fire Congress has shifted to a fully virtual event.
Yes, registration will be refundable minus a 5% processing fee until October 30, 2021. After that date, refunds must be approved by the AFE Board of Directors.
The Association for Fire Ecology is not responsible for participants’ travel-related costs. We recommend investigating refund/transfer policies for airfare, hotels, and any other travel-related costs prior to purchase. In addition, please consider a trip insurance plan that allows “cancellation for any reason” as many standard insurance plans will not cover changes related to coronavirus.
- The virtual Fire Congress will contain many of the same elements as the in-person event. We will have plenary and concurrent sessions, discussion groups, workshops, posters, an exhibit hall, and networking opportunities.
- The program will include a mix of livestreamed presentations, along with some pre-recorded content that will be available on-demand.
- All sessions will be recorded and available for 6 months after the event.
You can access the congress from a desktop computer, laptop, or mobile device. A desktop or laptop computer, or a mobile device with a large display, will provide a better experience for viewing and navigating the platform.
- During plenary and concurrent oral presentations, virtual attendees will see a video of the presenter, presentation slides, and be able to ask presenters questions through the chat functions.
- For discussion groups or meetings, you will be able to use video and audio to better interact with other attendees.
- There will be many ways to connect with other attendees through groups, community discussion boards, video chat, and group video meetings.
- You can visit and communicate with exhibitors and sponsors through the virtual exhibit hall.
Yes, presenters will have the option to give their presentation from a remote location via Zoom.
- Virtual presenters will interact with participants in real time using typical features in Zoom (screen sharing, chat, polls).
- Virtual attendees will access presentations through our web and mobile conference platform.
- The concurrent sessions will include live virtual presentations that occur between December 1-3.
- Pre-recorded presentations will be available “on-demand” throughout the congress.
Yes, we will have a subset of presentations that have pre-recorded and will be available anytime during the congress. This option is best for accommodating international presenters in different time zones or for those with limited internet service. You will still be able to engage with attendees through the chat and Q&A functions, but we will not host a specific time for live interaction.
Yes, the presentations will be recorded for on-demand viewing and will be available for at least 6 months after the congress.