We invite your proposals for organizing sessions and presentations for the 2023 Fire Congress. We are especially interested in proposals that address the Fire Congress theme.
The call for special sessions, workshops and trainings, and fire circle discussion groups has closed. Mark your calendar with these due dates for presentation and meeting proposals:
- Oral Presentation Abstracts Due: August 1
- Poster Presentation Abstracts Due: Aug 25
- Meeting and Activity Proposal Due: Aug 25
Igniting Connections: Celebrating our Fire Family across Generations, Cultures, and Disciplines
The urgent need to address wildfire-related challenges across the world requires us to develop and share solutions to promote fire-resilient human and ecological communities in an era of rapid change. In commemoration of our 10th International Fire Ecology and Management Congress, we return to its origins in California to celebrate our diverse and growing fire family. The 2023 Fire Congress will bring together people across generations, cultures, and disciplines to exchange knowledge and discuss strategies. Participants will be encouraged to share and explore proactive solutions that apply science to meet desired management and societal outcomes.
We invite proposals on all topics related to fire ecology, science, and management. In particular, we are interested in proposals for sessions and presentations that focus on the following subthemes:
- Connecting Science and Management
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Indigenous Fire and Cultural Ways of Knowing
- Interdisciplinary Fire Science
- Intergenerational Fire Learning
- Partnerships and Collaborations
- Workforce Development Solutions
- Youth Education and Engagement