We’re holding a photo contest in conjunction with the 2023 Fire Congress!
A team of judges will select an overall winner, runner up, and winners in 5 special categories: After the Fire, Animals and Fire, Fire in Motion, Fire Landscapes, People and Fire.
Winning photos will be showcased during the Fire Congress (e.g., program, plenary sessions, website). Winners will also receive one free year of AFE membership or membership renewal.
Photo submissions are due by November 5, 2023.
- Entries must be the photographer’s original work and free from manipulation beyond routine adjustments and cropping.
- Each photographer can submit up to 3 photos for the contest.
- Submit photos as a high resolution file, 300 DPI/PPI (dots per inch/pixels per inch) or higher.
- Photos should be accompanied by a one or two sentence caption that describes the image and provides the geographic location.
- Images should illustrate a principle of fire ecology, fire effects, fire management, or fire history/fire regime.
- Photographers agree that AFE can include the photo in our Photo Gallery and use the photo for education, marketing, and other purposes to advance AFE’s mission. Credit for the photograph will be given.
- By submitting photos to this contest, the photographer verifies that they have obtained and have access to all necessary releases and agrees to hold AFE harmless against all claims and liabilities arising out of AFE’s display, publication, or other use of the image.