Proposals due August 1
Notifications sent by August 25
For presenters that cannot travel to Monterey, we invite you to submit a pre-recorded oral presentation and participate in a live Q&A.
Presentations can be up to 20 minutes in length and will be available for viewing on-demand, any time after the congress begins. While we will not have a specific time in the program for attendees to view your presentation, we will group 3-5 virtual presentations by topic and provide a 45-minute time period for live question and answer with the presenters. These sessions will be hosted on Dec 5, 6, and 7.
You will also be able to engage with attendees through the chat and Q&A functions.
You can pre-record your presentation using any meeting or presentation software. We will provide instructions using Zoom and Powerpoint as an example. Presentations must be submitted as a video file by November 15, 2023 to be included on the congress website.
Presenters must pay the abstract submission fee and a virtual registration fee to attend and present at the Fire Congress. There are options for reduced registration fees and scholarships for those that require financial assistance.
- No scheduled presentation time
- Presenters will be scheduled for a live Q/A and discussion
- Presenters must be registered for the congress
- Presenters will need to submit prerecorded video file by November 15 to allow time for processing
- Recorded presentation will continue to be available for viewing after the congress
A processing fee is required for each abstract submitted. This fee is separate from registration and required for all oral presentation abstracts.
The abstract fee is non-refundable and covers escalating administrative and online costs associated with abstract submission and review, finalizing the program, and sharing your abstract/presentation on our mobile app and conference website. Our hope is that this will also incentivize attendance, reducing logistical challenges associated with late cancellations.
To ensure this fee is not a barrier to participation, presenters can self-select the appropriate fee on their submission form based on this sliding scale:
- Regular submission fee: $50
- Discounted submission fee: $25 (available for students and those who need financial assistance)
- Fee waiver: $0 (available for those who cannot pay the fee due to economic hardship or other reasons)
After submitting your abstract, you will receive a link to pay the fee using our online payment system. If you need to pay this fee with your registration, please email [email protected] so we can invoice you.
Proposals will be evaluated for inclusion based on the clarity of the abstract, the relevance of the topic, and its appeal to attendees. Please have the following information ready when you submit your proposal:
- Contact information for the presenter
- List of co-author names and affiliations (if applicable)
- Title of presentation
- Abstract (200 words or less)
- Presenter bio (100 words or less)
- 3 keywords representing the main content of the presentation