Click Here to Submit your Workshop Proposal
Extended submission deadline: CLOSED
Organizers will be notified by May 1, 2019
Pre-conference workshops, trainings, and courses will be held Monday, November 18, 2019. These professional development opportunities provide conference attendees with a forum for learning new information, skills, and best practices over a ½ day or full day with instructors.
The number of workshops, courses, and trainings is limited, and submissions will be evaluated for inclusion based on likely degree of interest and uniqueness of topic. While not required, we encourage proposals related to the Fire Congress theme and list of topics. We will contact proposers of workshops/courses with similar topics or themes to determine if those proposals can be merged.
Rooms will be configured in a classroom style with chairs behind tables, with rooms holding 20-40 participants. Room set-up and audio-visual requests can be discussed with organizers to meet specific needs.
Please have the following information ready for the online submission form:
– Organizer contact information
– Presenter/Instructor names and affiliations
– Title of the training workshop, training, or course
– Short summary for the conference program booklet and mobile app (50 words or less)
– Description of workshop, training, or course
– Maximum number of participants
– Audio-visual and room requests
– Requirements for participants (extra fees, software, materials, pre-requisites, etc.)
Organizers must register for the conference; registration costs will not be reimbursed by the conference. Organizers will be responsible for informing their speakers/instructors of the proposal’s acceptance or rejection. If the workshop, training, or course is not accepted, individual speakers are encouraged to submit an individual abstract for general consideration.