Those wishing to organize a Training, Workshop, or Course should Submit Proposals Here by May 1, 2017. Proposals should consist of:
- Name and contact information for the organizer,
- Title and intent/design of the training workshop/course,
- Tentative agenda (to include potential topics, speakers, and time required),
- Preference for day(s) and times,
- Requirements for participants (fees, software, other materials, selective admission, pre-requisites, etc.),
- Maximum number of participants, and
- Audio-Visual needs (see form for details).
The number of training workshops/courses is limited and submissions will be evaluated for inclusion based on likely degree of interest, uniqueness of topic, and whether the workshop/course fits in the allowed times at the Congress. AFE will contact proposers of workshops/courses with similar topics or themes to determine if those proposals can be merged. Organizers are not restricted to the theme of the Congress, nor the main topics listed on the Congress webpage, but we encourage such proposals. We are very interested in international course proposals.
Training, Workshops, and Courses will be held during the afternoons on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and/or Friday. Workshops/courses that require two afternoons will be considered as space/interest allows. Organizers are allowed to have talks as long or short as they wish within the workshop/course, but must honor the afternoon break of 25-30 minutes. Rooms will be configured in a classroom style with chairs behind tables, with rooms holding 20-40 participants.
Workshop/Course instructors must register for the conference; registration costs will not be reimbursed by the conference. Organizers will be notified by June 15, 2017 if their workshop/course has or has not been accepted. Organizers will be responsible for informing their speakers/instructors of acceptance or rejection. If the workshop/course is not accepted, individual speakers are encouraged to submit an individual abstract for general consideration.