Due Date for Uploading Video File
Instructions to Upload
You will be sent an email with your presentation number, the link to upload your video file, and the file naming protocol.
Your presentation will be available for viewing on-demand, any time after the congress begins. You will be able to engage with attendees through the chat and Q&A functions, but there will not be a specific time in the schedule for attendees to view your presentation or for live audience interaction. Presentations should be no longer than 15 minutes.
We expect your video file to be 75-100 MB in size and to be submitted in a common file format (such as .MP4).
Recording Your Presentation
You can pre-record your presentation using any meeting or presentation software. We will provide instructions below for using Zoom and Powerpoint as an example.
- If you do not have a Zoom account, create one for free.
- The free account allows you unlimited time for one-on-one meetings and has a 40-minute limit for group meetings.
- You can initiate a meeting without any other participants and use Zoom’s presentation tools to record your presentation.
- Open your presentation in Powerpoint and click Play from Start or From Beginning to begin the slideshow.
- In Powerpoint, it might be easier for you to present without being in fullscreen mode. To adjust this setting: On the Slide Show tab, click Set Up Slide Show. Under Show type, pick click Browsed by an individual (window).
- Open Zoom and click New Meeting.
- Connect audio and video and check to make sure both are working.
- At the bottom of the Zoom window, click Share Screen.
- In the Share window, click the window with your powerpoint file that you wish to use in the recording.
- If your presentation includes sound, check the box for Share computer sound.
- If your presentation includes a video, check the box for Optimize Screen Sharing for Video Clip.
- Click Share. The window that is being shared/recorded will have a green outline.
- When you are ready to begin your presentation, click the three dots in the menu bar and select Record.
- When you are finished, click the three dots in menu bar and select stop recording.
- When you close the Zoom meeting, a folder will open with your MP4 video file. This is the file you will upload by November 15.
- Watch your video! Make sure it starts and stops at the correct times, the video and sound quality are good, and the full presentation has been recorded correctly.
- The best slide size for your PowerPoint while giving a presentation on Zoom is 16:9 or a widescreen layout.
- Be sure to turn off phones and notifications that could cause distractions during recording.
- It is highly recommended that you practice using Zoom before recording so that you are comfortable with the controls before you record your presentation.
- Check audio and adjust your microphone volume if necessary.
- Check your video and adjust your lighting and webcam angle if necessary.