We are very excited to announce that the following highly distinguished speakers have confirmed that they will be presenters for our opening and closing plenaries at the Fire Congress:
- Dr. Reed Noss, Provost’s Distinguished Research Professor, Pegasus Professor, and Davis-Shine Professor of Conservation Biology at the University of Central Florida and President of the Florida Institute for Conservation Science.
- Dr. Leda Kobziar, Director, Master of Natural Resources, University of Idaho, Natural Resources and Society; President, Association for Fire Ecology.
- Dr. Stephen Pyne, Regents Professor, School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University; Fellow of American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Dr. David Bengston, Research Forester, Social Scientist, The Strategic Foresight Group, U.S. Forest Service, Northern Research Station.
- Dr. Jan van Wagtendonk, Research Forester Emeritus, National Park Service, Yosemite NP, California.
- Dr. Neil Sugihara, Program Coordinator, Wildland Fire Training and Education Collaborative (WETC), School of Forestry, Northern Arizona University.
- Marc Castellnou, Associate Professor. Department of Crop & Forest Science University of Lleida, Spain; Strategic Fire Analyst for the Government of Catalonia’s national fire services.
- Kevin Hiers, Wildland Fire Scientist, Tall Timbers Research Station and Land Conservancy, Florida.
- Nate Benson, Fire Ecologist Program Leader, DOI National Park Service.
In addition to the opening and closing plenaries, we have a special plenary session planned for Wednesday, November 29 that will feature our Fire AFEx Talks.