Hotel, Venue & Travel
Welcome to Portland, Oregon
Originally called Stump Town, to basketball fans, Portland is known as Rip City. You can catch a Trailblazers NBA basketball game at the Rose Garden which is adjacent to the Convention Center. “Shop till you drop” at Lloyd Center, Pioneer Courthouse Square or the shops on 23rd Avenue. Remember, there is no sales tax in Oregon. Your holiday shopping starts here!
If you like craft beers, Portland is home to some of the best brewpubs in the world and a visit to the Pearl District is a must. Northwest cuisine is outstanding and many restaurants are a walk or short MAX ride away. You may hear names such as Dan and Louie’s Oyster Bar, Kell’s Irish Pub, Jakes, The Ringside and the superb fare at Voodoo Donuts.
Like a good book? Visit Powell’s on Burnside for a bibliophile treat. Got a few extra days? Rent a car and visit the Columbia River Gorge, check out Oregon’s famous Wine Country or head to the Oregon Coast to watch the storms and breakers. It won’t be terribly cold, but do bring your rain gear. After all, that’s why the land is so green! See you at the Fire Congress!
Our guaranteed room rates at our partner hotels are no longer available.
Welcome to Portland(ia)
A Visitors Guide to Stumptown and Beyond…
Life in The Big City
- Travel Portland: Things to do and See in the City
- Portland Online ~ The Official Site for the City of Portland
- Things to do for Free in Portland
- Discover Our Town ~ Portland Attractions
- Hometown Advantage ~ Guided Tours and Activities
- Oregon Convention Center (photo)
- Travel Oregon
Here are a few fun spots to visit that typify the dynamic, sustainable City of Roses
- Powells City of Books
- Pix Patisserie
- Laurelhurst Park & Other Park and Rec Ideas
- Kennedy School
- Mississippi Studios
- Alberta Strip & Other Neighborhoods
- Palio Dessert and Espresso House
- Hollywood Theater
- Vendetta and Other Bars in Portland
- Por Que No Taqueria
- Lone Fir Cemetary
- World Forestry Center
Handy and Free Oregon Friendly Apps: PDX Bus, Yelp, Weather Channel, Google Earth, TripAdvisor