The Call for Oral and Poster Presentations has closed, and all notifications have been emailed to presenters. If you did not receive an email notification or if you need to make updates to your abstract, contact us.
We invite you to submit proposals for oral and poster presentations at the 8th International Fire Ecology and Management Congress. While not required, we encourage proposals related to the Fire Congress theme and list of topics. Proposals will be evaluated for inclusion based on likely degree of interest, uniqueness of topic, and quality of the abstract. Authors are encouraged to include management implications in their presentations, if applicable.
Please have the following information ready when you submit your proposal:
- Contact information for presenter
- List of co-author names and affiliations (if applicable)
- Title of presentation
- Abstract (200 words or less)
- Presenter bio (100 words or less)
Presenters can choose from one of three presentation format options:
- Traditional Presentation: Presentations slots are 20 minutes; we encourage including a few minutes within your allotted time for questions and discussion. Presentations will be in rooms with theatre-style seating holding 30-100 participants and will be grouped by topic.
- Rapid Fire Presentation: These short presentations are limited to 10 minutes, and can focus on lessons learned, research results or proposals, case studies, and more. These presentations will be in rooms with theatre-style seating holding 30-100 participants.
- Fire AFEx Talk: These are 15-minute presentations during a plenary session with full Fire Congress attendance. Rather than focusing on specific research results, these compelling and engaging talks focus on key ideas and issues related to a variety of fire topics (think TEDx style presentations). You can view examples of the Fire AFEx Talks given at the 2017 Fire Congress here: https://fireecology.org/2017-Videos. If you would like your proposal to be considered for a Fire AFEx talk, please select the appropriate box on the online submission form.
The Poster Session and Reception is planned for Tuesday evening, November 19. During this time, presenters are expected to be at their poster to interact with conference attendees. Posters will remain up throughout the week.